Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Progress :-)

It feels really great to say that on my birthday weekend I was able to accomplish so much as far as sewing and housechores, however, don't tell my brother that I did not count my weightwatchers points, nor did I care about what I ate...tomorrows weigh in should be real interesting.

As far as sewing goes, I completed my block for the littlemissshabby,com birdie stitches BOM. This is my first time ever doing embroidery, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I can not wait for the new block to come out around the first of February! Here is the closeup!Birdie Stitches Block 1 Close-up
I also was able to due some catch-up sewing my postage stamp quilt along at psiquilt.
Postage Stamp Strips
I am really enjoying the color layouts, and I have begun to cut these down to little itty bitty strips. I did discover a new tool for this project. It is the shape cut ruler by June Taylor. When it comes to cutting strips and sections it does the trick very fast.  I am not sure how I ever made it with out this ruler, and the best part is that I was able to score it at Half price, so I paid only $11.50 for it! smiling about that! Hopefully, I can complete this in time to be eligible for the drawing on Feb. 1 with this new tool and a little luck!  I will definitely keep my fingers crossed and pray that I have no ill children this week.

I hope that you all have had an enjoyable weekend, and that you got a bit of sewing progress done as well.  I will be in touch with more progress soon!

1 comment:

  1. your embroidery looks great! and so does the postage stamp progress. good job!!

    ReplyDelete