Thursday, August 11, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Weeks 1-6.5

I know it has been a while since I last posted but I have been quite busy. Currently at my full time job we have been undergoing a large renovation and I have been coming home absolutely wiped.

I did get to finish a flannel blanket, nursing cover, and burg clothes for my husbands step-cousin who is expecting her first born next month. I have also been slowly working on my Farmer's Wife blocks. I have added 4 more blocks. This makes me only 4.5 weeks behind, but slow and steady I will piece all 111 of these little blocks.
One of my blocks: Butterfly at the crossroads 
#14 Butterfly at the Crossroads 
I am pondering redoing. I ended up messing up my calculations and it is a bit (well, really!) wonky. I paper pieced the Attic Windows and Windmill blocks
#1 Attic Window
#108 Windmill 
they both turned out beautiful and I love them a lot. I also pieced Birds in the Air.#7 Birds in the Air 
I cut each of these blocks, and I have to say I felt quite proud to say I made this block and it is relatively 6.5" square! That was a lot of little pieces. Well I am off to bed...work, packing, vacation, Meg's 4th birthday party, and hopefully some sewing are going to catch up to me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment