Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's been all but quiet...(pic heavy post!)

I may have been quiet on here, but my machine has sure been getting a work out lately...
I have had 3 baby showers in 2 weeks.  The first one was a dual surprise shower for my friends Amy and Chrissy.  Chrissy is bringing baby #9 to our group of 7 close friends and it is finally a boy!  So for her I made...
Chrissy's Baby Boy Quilt
This is the Tidbits pattern by Swirly Girl Designs. I made this top, cutting, sewing, pressing etc in less than 3 hours! Now I just have to quilt it! The fabric is Funny baby by Moda. I love how it turned out, and I was glad she loved it too!
I also made Chrissy some wonderful additions to this quilt...
Chrissy's Baby Boy set

Amy was the other recipient to the dual surprise shower, however, she did not find out it was a girl until the day of the shower...We love girls, Amy's sweet addition will be girl #8 and baby #10 to our family of friends...I will be making her a quilt top as soon as I find some pink to go in the mix! But I did get to make her these...
Amy's baby Girl Set

If you are wondering how we made it a dual surprise shower, we told Amy the shower was for Chrissy and Chrissy the shower was for Amy. We are all spread all over this lovely state of Virginia and we knew that we may not be able to have all the ladies together before the baby's come, so we surprised them both! :-)

The third baby shower was for my cousin Meredith, who is having baby #4 and it is finally a boy! :-) She told me she was doing a nautical theme and I was excited because I had this quilt pattern in my stash already waiting. I made it majority out of 30's prints because Meredith so loves 30's prints. She is a newbie quilter and I was super excited to make this for her. I love how it turned out, but I did not enjoy staying up late to finish it...I wanted her to see it at her shower this past Friday night.
Meredith's Baby Boy Quilt

and a close up of the sailboats...
Jack Baby quilt Close Up

She loved it, and in the haste to get the presents wrapped, I forgot to get a picture of the blankets and burp cloths that I made her. I still have several other accessories to make for each lady, and an additional baby quilt for my hubby's cousin who is having a baby boy as well. I am not sure what to do with all these boys since I have two girls, but it has been nice to work with blue fabric! :-)

And last but not least...If you have not heard about the Farmer's wife quilt Along? 
fwqal button
It is the happening place right now. It is based on the book by the same title by Linda Aaron Hird.. I have owned the book for a while now, and did not have the nerve to start it..templates and I don't get along. However, Angela of Fussy cut blog (btw...I love her blog and all the colors she works with..super fun!), and her friend Amanda, started this weekly quilt along with real simple rules. 2 blocks a week of your choice and you can make them as fast or slow as you want and with any fabric combination you choose. I was SOLD, especially with all the eye candy that has been floating around on the flickr page..
So here is my take on the farmer's wife quilt so far...
Farmer's Wife Weeks 1 and 2
I am thinking about doing black and white with lots of color splashes...I am not compltetely sure about all my color choices yet, but we will see with time. I do love the black and white so far :-)! PS these blocks are very addictive!

So now that I am tired of just reliving the past 2 weeks with you all. I think I will head to bed and hope this summer cold will leave my house as fast as it came. I hope to have more blocks and quilts for you all soon! Much love,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment