Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Secret


I finally got to do some sewing this evening. This is a secret gift that I will be revealing here in the next couple weeks. I do not want to spoil the surprise. I believe it is called the color wheel, and I think I will be making more of these blocks. Fast and Fun. I first saw this block in Karrielynn's pinwheel quilt on her blog freckled whimsy. I then found it at the Sometimes crafter, with a link to the pattern here. There is a wonderful tutorial of this block at the sometimes crafter's blog. It is paper pieced and I really enjoyed making it. What do you think?


I also wanted to update you with my latest picture of my crazymomquilts quilt along. This is a picture of what it looked like at the end of week 6. I am currently trying to finish week 7. I know I am behind, but this quilt got to be a challenge real fast. I will complete it though. I can't wait to see what it will look like!

For now though, I am heading to bed...Good Night Moon!

2 comments:

  1. both of them look great! i'm with you, still working on week 7. man, that quilt is difficult! i got behind because i had a lot of stuff going on for a few weeks, but now that i've picked it up again, i'm not really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    You can finish it...one block at a time, that is what my grandmother used to tell me. I am excited to see mine finished, but I may wait before I quilt it. I bought some 12 days of Christmas fabric yesterday to make a Christmas quilt for my sofa...I am dying to cut into it. If you need encouragement, let me know. We are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete