Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Excitement in the air

Well Christmas has come and passed us by, I was very blessed to finally be well, paint a nutcracker for the babysitter, make a pillow case for one of my daughter's friends, and get my shopping done by the eleventh hour. My husband, who is wonderful gave me a new serger sewing machine, a new quilt book, and Santa even put some fat quarters and a pattern in my stocking :-)! The the book is Fancy to Frugal Authentic Quilt Patterns from the ’30s by Kay Connors, Karen Earlywine.
I loved their first book "Link to the 30's". I really love the cover quilt block on the "Fancy to Frugal" book, it got me re-inspired me to make the quilt "Rosettes" by Fig Tree and Co. I wanted to make this out of 30's prints and use a blue background (a big stretch for me) So i decided to start cutting out the quilt, wow my hand hurts after cutting 880 2"squares, but I am still excited to start sewing. I hope to have some pictures soon, maybe I can get luck and finish the top this week since I took the week off of work. Wish me luck and I promise to have pictures soon. By the way, Merry Belated Christmas, I hope it was good for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment